[PHOTOS TAKEN BEFORE COVID-19]
I’m so excited to announce that tonight I was appointed to Wolverhampton City Council’s Cabinet as the Cabinet Member for Children and Young People.
Having studied Youth and Communities at University, I went on to work with children and young people in a variety of setting including as a youth worker, working with children with disabilities and young offenders which finally led me to my role as a manager at YMCA Black Country Group in Wolverhampton.
Where I worked for almost four years supporting homeless young people reach their full potential and get the best start in life.
Since then, I have always continued in both strategic and frontline roles working with children, both as a School Governor and a trustee of the Grantham Yorke Trust.
I am thrilled to be heading up this role for the city and delivering on our commitment to ensure that no child gets left behind.
For those interested in what being a Cabinet Member for Children’s Services involves, my principal responsibilities for the city will include:•
Children in need and in need of protection
• Children and young people in care and care leavers
• Corporate parenting• Early intervention, prevention and specialist services
• Education inclusion incl. behaviour, attendance and elected home education
• Youth Offending• Link for children and young people’s health incl. disabilities and emotional health and wellbeing
• Children’s Services commissioning
• Children and Young People’s participation and engagement